Truckee Tribe Lacrosse Club / Youth
The Tribe's Youth program currently serves players from ages 6 through 14, or roughly 2nd grade through 8th grade.*
We welcome both boys and girls, although our "girls" lacrosse program is in its formative stages. Spring 2016 will be our inaugural competitive season and we're excited about the future.
The Tribe plays within the High Sierra Lacrosse League (HSLL), facing teams from Tahoe City, Reno, Sparks, and Fallon. Pre-season practices begin mid-March, weather permitting, with regular practices beginning at the start of April. League games typically begin mid-April and run through the first week of June.
The Truckee Tribe Lacrosse Club (TTLC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, run by parent volunteers. We run the program in conjunction with the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District (TDRPD).
2106 Season Fees:
• Tribe Boys = $62 -- Includes $20 HSLL fee and cost of a custom Tribe "shooter" shirt given to each player. + $2 bank fee
• Tribe Girls = $30 -- Includes $20 HSLL fee and cost of custom Tribe warm-up shirt given to each player. + $2 bank fee
• TDRPD = $80 -- Covers fields and TDRPD administration. A portion comes back to the Tribe to cover officiating and other expenses.
• US Lacrosse = $25 -- This covers annual membership in US Lacrosse, which provides our insurance. Membership is an HSLL requirement.
* A player's "age", according to US Lacrosse and HSLL, is determined by his or her age as of August 31 of the summer prior to the season. As an example, a player who is 14 years of age on August 31, but who turns 15 before or during the following spring's season, is still eligible to play in the U15 ("Under 15") age bracket, as long as he or she is not yet in high school.